We had an awesome 2013.
42 incubator companies
200 coworking companies
500 coworking members
50,000 square feet
Every number is going to be bigger in 2014!
Welcome to Austin, Mr. President.
In May we were honored to welcome President Barack Obama to Austin. Hundreds of Austin entrepreneurs got to see him speak and 5 startups got to give him their pitch! Find out what our message was to him.
What’s coming in 2014?
- Device Lab – We’re launching the Capital Factory Device Lab this year which will provide a wide array of mobile phones and tablets for Austin entrepreneurs to “check out” the way you might check out a book from a library. We also have other programmable devices such as Google Glass, Pebble watches, and Spheros. We’re going to try and make this resource widely available to the community.
- Video Lab – The Capital Factory Video Lab will be a turnkey video room for recording pitches, interviews, podcasts, demos and other videos startups need. We’ll have cameras, lights, backdrops and editing equipment as well as someone who knows how to use it all and is available to produce and edit the final product. We also intend to make this widely available.
- 5th floor renovations – We’ll be renovating the 5th floor of the building that we acquired in August. You can be sure we’ll make it as distinctive and amazing as the 16th floor! The top floor is all open and collaborative and the lower flower is all small offices for getting shit done. Most startups start on the top floor and then move downstairs as they grow.
- Video streaming and recording – our Lifesize video equipment is set up in all of the conference rooms, the coworking area and the classroom. In 2014 we’ll be recording and streaming all of the events that happen at Capital Factory. We’re bringing the best of Austin to the rest of the world!
- Google Fiber – Capital Factory and the Entrepreneur’s Foundation were selected by the City of Austin as one of the 100 community sites to receive Google Fiber. Nobody knows the exact dates, but because we’re downtown where there is already a lot of connectivity and City Hall is nearby we expect to be one of the first installations.
- Ignite Austin – We’ll be re-igniting Ignite Austin again this year after being dormant for a few years. If you had 5 minutes, what would you say?
- Austin Invades Silicon Valley Demo Day – A few years ago we took a bunch of Austin startups to NYC for an investor Demo Day. This year we’re taking a trip to Silicon Valley. Get ready to show off the best that Austin has to offer and bring some investment dollars back home.
- SXSW – Last year SXSW was a huge success and this year promises to be bigger and better. We’ll be hosting a VIP lounge again the entire time, plus lots of other programming. The Startup Crawl, Demo Day, Move Your Startup to Austin, InteractATX and more!
- Startup Week – Another snowball that keeps getting bigger – expect to see great things from Startup Week this year in the fall.
- Texas Emerging Technology Fund RCIC – You’ll be hearing more and more about the ETF funding available to startups because we’ve signed up to help spread the word and teach startups about the process.
- More funding options – We’ve got some other exciting announcements in the works that will bring more funding options to Austin startups.
The scary thing is, that’s just the beginning. It’s only January 1 and that’s just the things that we know about today. Put on your seatbelts, because 2014 is going to be a wild ride!