Capital Factory is participating in Firefly Space Systems most recent investment round and Firefly is joining the Capital Factory Accelerator. Firefly provides low-cost, high-performance space launch capability for the under-served small satellite market.
We’ve never done anything in the space industry before or anything this capital intensive. Firefly doesn’t look like a typical company that would join an accelerator. Our investment doesn’t move the needle on the total amount they have already raised and the executive team is extremely experienced and each qualified to be a Capital Factory mentor in their own right.
So why would Firefly do it?
- New to Austin and want to plug in to the community
- Introductions to potential investors
- Use our AngelList Syndicate to bundle up smaller investors into a single line on the cap table
- Help recruiting software engineers and other talent
- Amplify their message through our social media and PR channels
Why would Capital Factory do it?
- Amazing management team with experience at Space X, Blue Origin, Virgin Galactic
- Huge industry fueled by small, low cost satellites
- One of the most ambitious technology companies in Texas
Our focus is still on software and internet companies. However, we’re not afraid to break our own rules to make an exception for something great.
We are hiring Senior Avionics, Propulsion and Structures Engineers at our @CedarParkTX location! Apply to email@example.com
— Firefly Space (@Firefly_Space) July 9, 2015