Austin’s top entrepreneurs have banded together to give one startup a $100,000 investment to try and change the world. Any tech or consumer startup can apply on AngelList to pitch at our Funding Day on February 24.
“We want to see Austin entrepreneurs thinking bigger and shooting for the stars. If you’re really trying to change the world, we will help you get started,” said Brett Hurt, CEO of data.world and founder of Bazaarvoice, Coremetrics and Hurt Family Investments.
“This is the money you need to quit your job and become an entrepreneur,” said Joshua Baer, founder of Capital Factory.
$100,000 isn’t all of the money you’ll ever need, but it’s enough for a scrappy team to focus full-time on building a minimum viable product and finding product market fit for about a year. We give you free rent, free hosting, a lot of other free stuff to make that $100,000 last as long as possible.
If you’re successful, you’ll validate the business enough to raise $500,000 and then raise a real seed round from a VC.
“Getting the first check is hard enough as it is — it’s even harder in today’s market if you are female. I’m looking forward to backing more diverse teams with women in key leadership positions,” said Jan Ryan, founder of Women@Austin.
Hugh Forrest, Chief Programming Officer for SXSW, has seen thousands of startups from all over the world. “Austin has emerged as one of the hottest startup hubs in the country — but we need a breakout company to take us to the next level. With so much brainpower in this ecosystem, we have the opportunity to create the next Google in artificial intelligence, health, mobility, virtual reality, or maybe something no one is thinking about yet.”
Think you’ve got a shot? Apply now on AngelList to be one of 10 teams selected to pitch on Funding Fay on February 24th. You could walk away with $100,000!
The best team that pitches at Funding Day will receive:
- $100,000 cash investment on a SAFE or Convertible Note
- Special access to an A-List of Austin’s top entrepreneurs who add value far beyond the money you received
- 1 year of unlimited co-working at Capital Factory
- Access to the Capital Factory Mentor network
- Company formation by startup law firm Kastner, Huggins, Reddien & Gravelle (KHRG)
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars in free hosting credits from Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, IBM Softlayer, Microsoft & Rackspace plus many other cloud services you use.