Capital Factory is committed to increasing diversity in the tech community and making our coworking space an inclusive and welcoming environment. Capital Factory’s second annual Women in Tech Summit is a day full of programming to help inspire, engage and elevate female entrepreneurs and professionals. The $100,000 Investment Challenge puts up cash and the support of our Accelerator community to promote female founders with tech startups.
We know that there is a systemic discrimination problem that prevents women from advancing in the tech industry. We know that the facts show that businesses perform better with diverse teams. We know that we want to work in a place full of diverse people that is welcoming of many different viewpoints. We know that things won’t get better without intentional effort. We know we can do better.
- We start by looking in the mirror to learn how we can make our own team more diverse.
- We host events and programming designed by groups like Women@Austinand Women Who Code to support underrepresented groups in tech and get them more involved.
- We work with partners such as DivInc and Bunker Labs to introduce more diverse entrepreneurs to our coworking community.
- Multiple times in the past year, we have put our money where our mouth is with investment challenges targeted at women and people of color.
- We track and measure how effective we are.
Two years ago we named Mellie Price as our Director of Diversity & Inclusion, and she has been working with various community stakeholders to organize and collaborate with the many different organizations focused on this mission in Austin. Now we are excited to welcome Savannah L. Barker as our Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator and her first endeavor will be the second annual Women in Tech Summit on October 1.
“I am very excited to join Capital Factory as the newly appointed Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator,” said Savannah L. Barker. “I accepted this position because I want to have a measurable impact on diversity in Austin Tech and further Capital Factory’s dedication to fostering a truly inclusive startup community.”
Capital Factory’s Women in Tech Summit on October 1, 2018
Following the success of our first ever Women in Tech Summit last year, Capital Factory, in partnership with Women@Austin and DivInc, is excited to announce our second summit coming October 1st! It sold out last year so reserve your spot now.
You can expect interactive programming, panel discussions, networking opportunities — and you’ll be the first to find out who wins the $100,000 investment. Surround yourself with other female entrepreneurs and allies who want to help you succeed. Find out what resources are available to support you at whatever stage you are at now.
Apply by September 14th to Win a $100,000 Investment
You’ve probably seen Capital Factory’s past investment challenges around artificial intelligence, blockchain and smart cities, but this one will be exclusively focused on startups with at least one female founder.
So what will it take to win? Most of the companies who have won in the past have had a working product with repeatable customer revenue.
$100,000 isn’t all of the money you’ll ever need, but it’s enough for a determined team to focus full-time on building a minimum viable product and finding product market fit for about a year. We give you free rent, free server hosting, and a lot of other free stuff to make that $100,000 last as long as possible.
The winner will receive:
- A $100,000 cash investment. We will make you a detailed offer before you decide to participate in the final round of the competition.
- Acceptance into the Capital Factory Accelerator with full benefits.
- Special access to an A-List of Austin’s top entrepreneurs in the Capital Factory Mentor network who add value far beyond the money you receive.
- Hundreds of thousands of dollars in free hosting credits from Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, IBM Softlayer, Microsoft & Rackspace, plus many other cloud services you use.
- Company formation if needed by startup law firm Kastner, Huggins, Reddien & Gravelle (KHRG).
Think you’ve got a shot? Apply now on AngelList to be one of 5 teams selected to pitch at the Women in Tech Summit on October 1st. You could walk away with $100,000!
Interested in hearing more? We host info sessions on a regular basis at Capital Factory in Austin and Dallas. Check out our events calendar here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org