The safety of our staff, members and community is our first priority at Capital Factory. While the overall risk of COVID-19 to the Austin community remains low, it is increasing. SXSW will require us to take strong precautions because of the exposure to more people from different parts of the world.
Capital Factory is following the guidance of the national Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the City of Austin Public Health Department with support from SXSW. We are also looking at other similar organizations and conferences to identify best practices we can learn from.
On Friday, March 6, we are helping to convene the Austin Tech community for HackCoronavirus to help prepare for SXSW.
SXSW and Capital Factory House are proceeding on schedule. We have implemented the following changes at our facilities:
- Provided our staff with additional cleaning products known to kill viruses (60% alcohol)
- Added alcohol-based hand sanitizer at all entrances, bathrooms, and food distribution areas for all members and guests
- Increased the frequency of cleanings of door handles bathroom fixtures, elevator buttons, and kitchen fixtures from once per day to three times per day
- Added tissues in common areas
- Discouraging shaking hands
This is a work-in-progress and additional measures may be taken.