THE CENTER OF GRAVITY FOR ENTREPRENEURS IN TEXAS
Female Founders can Pitch for a Fast Track to join Capital Factory and win a $100,000 Investment
Capital Factory’s Texas Fund, in partnership with Beam Angel Network, Seven Seven Six Fund, and Golden Seeds (Houston), is excited to announce the next $100,000 Investment Challenge at our 4th Annual Women In Tech Summit. We’re dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech community and making Capital Factory an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities.
On October 4th, five technology startup finalists will pitch to a panel of advisors and judges made up of successful investors, entrepreneurs, and industry leaders. One will walk away with a $100,000 cash investment and a fast-track into Capital Factory.
Who Can Apply?
Any software, hardware, or CPG startup in Texas with a female founder or co-founder can apply to participate.
All finalists will receive:
- A fast track into the Capital Factory portfolio where you will receive opportunities to get in front of potential investors, customers and employees.
- Access to the Capital Factory Mentor network as long as we are shareholders
- Up to $250,000 in potential total hosting credits from AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other major hosting providers (each individual offer is different and subject to change)
- A free Capital Factory coworking membership for you and your team for six months
Capital Factory will receive:
- 1% common stock grant as advisor equity (separate from the investment)
- The right to invest up to $250,000 in your next round of funding
The winner will also receive:
- $100,000 cash investment on a SAFE or Convertible Note using Capital Factory’s term sheet and your most recent funding valuation, or a qualified term sheet provided by the company (see application for more details).
Apply now to be one of five teams selected to pitch. You could walk away with a $100,000 investment and a network of entrepreneurs and investors to support your startup! Application deadline is September 12th.
Want a chance to pitch? Submit your application
Who has won Capital Factory’s Investment Challenges in the past?
- Houston based Syzygy Plasmonics is developing a green power source from hydrogen fuel cell technology and raised a $5.8 million Series A round.
- Dallas’ ShearShare has a marketplace connecting stylists with available seats at salons and $2.3 million in funding
- Houston’s GroupRaise is a marketplace that helps groups of 20-200 people make reservations at restaurants willing to donate a percentage of the sales back to a charitable cause.
- Austin’s Journey Foods uses AI to create sustainability recipes for food manufacturers.
- San Antonio’s Easy Expunctions makes it easier and more affordable for people to clean up their criminal records by automating the expunction process and has raised $1.6 million in funding.
- Dallas based Mynd VR creates virtual reality experiences for senior citizens to help combat loneliness, stimulate memory and cognition, and reduce anxiety and depression.
- Austin based ZPEG developed an upgraded compression algorithm for streaming videos based on an advanced human visual model that reduces streaming costs for 4K streams by 30%.
- Dallas’ YouGoNatural designs luxury headwraps and offers an extensive collection of looks that makes protecting hair a stylish experience.
- Austin based Senseye has developed a system of high resolution cameras and software that can read your mind just by watching the movement of the muscles in your pupils. They’ve raised $7.2 million in funding to date.
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one state for startups in the U.S. Thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their investors, employees, mentors and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active, early-stage investor in Texas since 2010.
Apply now to be one of five teams selected to pitch for a chance to win $100,000 and a network of entrepreneurs and investors to support your startup! Application deadline is September 12th.
By Appointment Only
Our doors are open! Reach out to Members@CapitalFactory.com to book your private, in-person membership tour.