Bridging Experience & Expertise w/ Henry Yoshida
Join our 100% free speaker series and network with other individuals interested in FinTech, entrepreneurship, technology and startups.
About our speaker:
Henry Yoshida is a serial entrepreneur and active angel investor. Prior to launching Rocket Dollar (https://rocketdollar.com), Yoshida was the co-founder of Honest Dollar, a robo-advisor retirement platform that was ultimately acquired by Goldman Sachs, as well as a founder of MY Group LLC, a $2.5-billion assets under management investment firm.
In his talk, Henry will discuss his entrepreneurship journey from how his internship shaped his decision to go into financial planning to how he used his expertise in the field to kickstarting his entrepreneurial efforts. He will walk through how his domain expertise allowed him to be able to visualize the “play” only microseconds before anyone else on the “field” leading him to be able to see just slightly ahead of the crowd and ultimately giving him a competitive edge. He will shed light on insights and lessons learned along the way.
Lastly, he will reveal his newest venture, Rocket Dollar, as the culmination of all his experiences and why it is his most meaningful venture to date.
The keynote will be followed by a Q&A with the opportunity for audience questions.
When: Thursday 5/24/2018 | 5:45pm – 8:30pm
Where: Capital Factory, 701 Brazos St, 1st Floor
Who: Henry Yoshida
5:45PM – Networking and refreshments
6:30PM – Henry keynote
6:50PM – Q&A and Discussion
7:20PM – Networking
You Will Learn/Takeaways:
• Focus is best. In startup business creation, tech or otherwise, keep it simple, get really good at a few things, and then build on top of that foundation
• How to recruit the right team members, investors, and co-founders to join you on your entrepreneurship journey
• Raising the right amount of venture capital from the right investors or angels for each stage of your company
• The right way to establish, build, cultivate, and train your personal network to be a force to be reckoned with for your company
More About Henry:
Henry is also a NextGen Venture and Central Texas Angel Network Partner, as well as a Techstars and Capital Factory mentor. In addition, Yoshida is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, a licensed real estate agent, and a former Merrill Lynch Vice President. He was formerly a two time finalist for PLANSPONSOR Magazine’s Retirement Plan Advisor of the Year and a 401(k) Leadership finalist for the American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries.
Yoshida graduated from The University of Texas at Austin and holds an MBA from both the Johnson School of Management at Cornell University and Queen’s University in Canada. He resides in Austin with his wife and two daughters
Henry can be followed on Twitter at @henryyoshida ( https://twitter.com/henryyoshida)
Shehzad Bharwani – Twitter @shehzadbharwani (https://twitter.com/ShehzadBharwani)
Adnan Merchant – Twitter @adnanmerchant (https://twitter.com/AdnanMerchant)
• Stripe (https://stripe.com/blog/atlas-llc) [Elite Sponsor]
• Coderslink (https://www.coderslink.com/) [Elite Sponsor]
• Capital Factory (https://capitalfactory.com/)
• Foster Global (http://www.fosterglobal.com/)