Controlling Your Legal Expenses
Janik Vinnakota LLP and a panel of their startup and legal guests will present on various tips to control startup legal expenses.
Startups face countless challenges as they attempt to grow. Hiring and working with lawyers can seem like the most mundane of all these challenges. Several questions startups always ask are:
- “How and when should I retain good legal counsel?”
- “Do my investors really care if I have lawyers?”
- “How do I manage legal costs without breaking the bank?”
These questions are fairly abstract for any startup and our panel hopes to provide guidance and best practices on how to control legal expenses without sacrificing the necessary legal protection all startups need.
Some of the areas that the panel will discuss include:
- The pitfalls of using a search engine for legal help and do-it-yourself legal services
- What to do when your investors bring their own lawyers
- Ideal solutions for a legal budget for corporate formation, investment, and intellectual property protection
- Forming a lasting relationship with your legal counsel
- Using a “virtual” law firm to minimize legal expenses on one-off specialized legal projects
“Trusting” a lawyer is not a joke. Our takeaway is helping you to actually build trust with your lawyer.
Join us for a great panel discussion.