THE CENTER OF GRAVITY FOR ENTREPRENEURS IN TEXAS
Equity101 Happy Hour
RSVP FOR THIS EVENT
** CAPITAL FACTORY MEMBERS ONLY**
About this workshop:
If you work for a startup, stock option grants are your way of sharing in the company’s success. But very few startup employees understand what stock options really are and how they work. By the end of this presentation, you’ll understand stock options better than most of your co workers, and in some cases, your employers.
eShares is the startup network for all things equity. It’s where investors, founders, and employees go to track their investments and company ownership. As the central platform for issuing new stock certificates, option grants, and other securities, eShares updates the cap table in real-time. That means no more paper stock certificates, and no more out-of-date spreadsheets. It’s all on eShares, and it’s always accurate.
- What should I consider when I receive my offer letter?
- How much are my stock options worth?
- When do people exercise their options? What are the tax implications?
- What are the different forms of liquidity (or cashing out)?
- Startup employees who own equity in their companies, or are interested in learning more about equity.
- Founders and CEOs looking for a refresher in employee equity.
- Anyone curious about startups in general and private equity.
- 6:00 – 6:30 pm: Food, drinks, and networking
- 6:30 – 7:00 pm: Presentation: “Understand Your Options: Equity 101 for Startup Employees”
- 7:00 – 7:30 pm: Q&A
- 7:30 – 8:00pm: Ask an Equity Professional – We’ll have booths set up with equity professionals. This is your chance to get the answer to that equity question that’s been lingering in the back of your mind. (Examples: What kind of option grant do I own? When can I exercise?)
- BYOE – Bring Your Own Equity (paperwork) and ask us about your vesting schedule, award type, and any other questions you have.
Meet Your Presenters:
James Seely – James has been working with the Client Services team at eShares for the last year. He handles implementations and onboarding, acting as the first point of contact for new clients when they join eShares.
Alex Farman-Farmaian – Alex is a Lead Sales Rep at eShares, and works with all types of Startups to answer their questions around employee equity. He also works with Client Services and handles onboardings for larger clients.
By Appointment Only
Our doors are open! Reach out to Members@CapitalFactory.com to book your private, in-person membership tour.