[In-Person Austin] Hack Reactor Prep – 4 Week
“I recently completed the Reactor Prep program. I began with VERY little programming experience, and over the course of four weeks, learned a considerable amount.
I enrolled in order to test the waters of programming to see if I liked the field. This was an excellent introductory course and I learned so much more than I expected. It was an amazing value, and I recommend it highly to anyone interested in an intro to programming.
– Jack H., Hack Reactor Prep ATX Graduate
— Overview —
Hack Reactor Bootcamp Prep is a live, instructor-led, 4-week part-time course, geared towards students who are getting ready to interview at a coding bootcamp. In this program, you will:
- Practice problem solving strategies
- Practice pair programming and technical communication
- Do a 1-on-1 mock interview
If you are accepted into the Hack Reactor, 100% of the cost of this prep course will be put towards your Immersive tuition.
— Schedule —
Class will run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays from 6:30pm – 9:30pm and Saturdays from 12:30pm – 3:30pm starting November 28 and ending December 22. Please note: due to the holidays, the last week of class will have a Wednesday session in lieu of a Saturday. There are 12 total sessions, detailed schedule here:
- Monday, 11/28 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Tuesday, 11/29 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Thursday, 12/1 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Saturday, 12/3 from 12:30PM – 3:30PM
- Monday, 12/5 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Tuesday, 12/6 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Thursday, 12/8 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Saturday, 12/10 from 12:30PM – 3:30PM
- Monday, 12/12 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Tuesday, 12/13 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Thursday, 12/15 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Saturday, 12/17 from 12:30PM – 3:30PM
- Monday, 12/19 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Tuesday, 12/20 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Wednesday, 12/21 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
- Thursday, 12/22 from 6:30PM – 9:300PM
— Program Details —
Phase 1: Programming Fundamentals
- Browsers and text editors
- Variables and naming
- Arrays and Objects
Phase 2: Problem Solving Practice
The goal of Phase 2 is to apply the programming fundamentals that you’ve learned to problem statements. You will work on a variety of exercises, including some that mimic the Hack Reactor and MakerSquare interview.
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- Abstraction and modularization
- Solving word problems with code
- Developer mentality
- Handling complexity
- Tidy coding
- Autonomous coding
Throughout the program, you will also work on strategies to problem solve when under the pressure of an interview situation. This culminates in a 1×1 mock interview with a staff member.
- Technical communication
- Interview practice
- Advanced toy problems
- Recipe for success
- Performance self-analysis
— Financial Assistance —
A limited number of partial scholarships are available for those needing financial assistance. Recipients will be notified 24-hours before the course start. Learn more at http://bit.ly/prep-scholarship.
— Contact —
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or Mon – Fri from 10am – 6pm PST at (510) 423-3085.