Kx Workshop: Databases and kdb+/q
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 24th November to reserve a place.
• Introduction to databases/backend engineering
• kdb+ Basics [Overview, Starting q, Data Structures (atoms, lists, dictionaries), Functions, Errors, Scriptions]
• Working with Sample Datasets [Analysis – queries & joins]
• On-Disk Database Structure
• Data Import/Export
• kdb+ Tick Overview
• Foreign Language Interfacing and 3rd Party Tools
Please bear in mind that the workshops are very hands-on and you will need to bring a laptop to participate fully.
Kx Workshops are aimed at both a technical and business audience. Developers new to the technology will find the session very useful in gaining a quick guide to many features of the q language. Business managers will gain an understanding of what makes kdb+ different, and will leave with a thorough overview of the power of kdb+ and the range of users to which it can be put.
If you have some colleagues who may like to attend please send their contact details and we will forward an official invite.