Prepping for Tech M&A – What Buyers and Sellers Need to Know
With only 18 tech IPOs in 2016 – the lowest number since 2009 – strategic buyers and private equity acquirers are becoming the big players in tech liquidity events.
In potential tech M&A transactions, both buyers and sellers are focused on the IP quality and security of the most valuable asset – software. Both are extremely important to the sellers, who are looking for the best price, and to acquirers, who want to ensure a future return on their investment.
During this presentation, open source experts from Black Duck and the Austin legal firm KHRG will discuss best practices as well as pitfalls to avoid to protect IP quality and security. The session will include:
- Security and license compliance issues to consider when using open source
- Best practices for ensuring ongoing management of open source licenses and security
- Latest trends in open source software use by developers
- Examples of how improper code management has impacted software acquisitions
- Anatomy of the M&A technical due diligence process and how best to prepare
First 20 attendees will receive a copy of the book: Tacos Over Texas!!