Sprites Tech Academy is a program that gives, young digital natives that are STEM/CS focused, the opportunity to teach a variety of STEM topics to community members based on their knowledge and experience. Each month our Sprites sit down together and pick a topic to teach and open it up to community members from around Austin to come and take our workshops straight from someone who grew up using that program or service.
August’s topic will be:
How to develop your idea into a YouTube Channel
This fun event will teach people everything they need to know before jumping in and starting their first YouTube channel. We will cover a variety of areas including how to setup a YouTube channel and show you what all the settings do. In addition to that we will also film small clips in class to show you the entire process of shooting and uploading to YouTube so you understand what to do on each step.
This hands-on workshop will cover the following areas:
– Doing your homework on your idea
– Walking you through all the settings of the Creator Studio
– Things you will need in order to create high quality videos
– Understanding how to shoot and edit your video for YouTube audiences
– How to create banner art and icons for your channel
– How to use YouTube’s built-in video editor
– Learning the rules of using music on your videos
– How to make money on YouTube
– A brief history on some famous YouTube channels and how they got started
and lots more!
You will want to bring your laptop with you so you can follow along with all the steps. This process is not the same on a tablet so you will want to make sure you have a laptop with you for this workshop. You will be guided through the whole process and will learn how to manage your channel afterwards.
This class is perfect for kids, teens, and adults interested in learning everything there is to know about starting and running a YouTube channel.