StartupHPC: Successful Entrepreneurship
Join StartupHPC @ the Capital Factory!
Kick-off your Austin experience and SC15 week with the annual StartupHPC conference.
Building on the success of last year’s event, StartupHPC-15 delves into the entrepreneurial mindset, startup activation, and success. Contributed talks combine with spirited discussions in this open forum, offering attendees a mix of rare and deeply personal experiences, professional best practices, and practical learnings.
StartupHPC returns with its ever popular ‘perspectives from the trenches’ and ‘CxO Probe’ series featuring a cast of new and notable champions and challengers:
- The “Get-Funded” Framework. What needs to get done? How the pieces relate to each other? How do you clear the hurdles?
- Case study: follow a success story from seed funding to incubation and initial networking to launch.
- Target markets: what are the hot market segments that need your HPC/STEM expertise and mindset? What are the key application areas? And how STEM/HPC can help.
- Marketing: what is it and when do you need it?
- Learning from Failure! We select 3 companies and discuss what they did wrong. [Let us know if you’d like us to discuss/analyze a particular company.]
- First person stories and CEO panel. How did they take the plunge? What did they learn? How can we learn from their experience?
- Extra Credit: open Q&A with select speakers after the official close of the conference. Stay if you can.
We’re honored to have such prominent invited speakers. Their enthusiasm to participate is an indication of how much fun we’re all going to have listening to them and interacting with them.
|8:30 am||Registration & Mixer|
|9:00 am||Eye Opener and Today’s Agenda||Steve Campbell (MC for the event)||Partner, OrionX|
|9:05 am||The “Get-Funded” Framework: From Idea to Launch||Shahin Khan||Partner, OrionX|
|9:15 am||Entrepreneur Ecosystem: Grooming for Growth||Mellie Price||MD/Fund Director & GP, Capital Factory, and Founder/CEO, Front Gate Tickets|
|9:40 am||Incubators: Cultivating Ideas||Blake Yaeger||Managing Director, TechStars|
|10:05 am||Founder Stories: BitFusion||Subbu Rama||CEO, BitFusion.io|
|10:30 am||Break & Mixer|
|10:40 am||Hot Markets, Key Apps, Core Algorithms||Peter ffoulkes||Industry Insight & Advisory, Partner, OrionX|
|11:05 am||The “Inside” Scoop: Signs Your Pitch Won’t Stick||Rich Brueckner||President, Inside-HPC Media|
|11:15 am||Go to Market: Vision & Value Proposition||Shahin Khan||Partner, OrionX|
|11:40 am||Digital Marketing: Essentials in Engament||Kim McMahon||CEO, McMahon Consulting|
|12:05 pm||Founder Stories: Virtual Bridges||Leo Reiter||CTO, Nimbix/former Founder, Virtual Bridges|
|12:30 pm||Lunch & Mixer|
|1:15 pm||Building Your Base: Landing Early Customers||Dale Geldart||Startup Executive/former CEO eXludus Technologies|
|1:40 pm||Learning from Failure: 3 Companies (interactive)||Dan Olds||Principal, Gabriel Consulting Group, and Contributing Editor, The Register|
|2:10 pm||CxO Probe: Q&A Panel||Dr. Stephen Perrenod (Moderator) (Panel to be announced)||Partner, OrionX|
|2:55 pm||Founder Stories: WhamCloud||Brent Gorda||Intel, and Founder, WhamCloud|
|3:20 pm||Session Wrap & Staying in touch||Shahin Khan||Partner, Orion Advisors|
|3:30 pm||Break & Mixer|
|3:35pm||Extra Credit: Group Discussion, Q&A (Stay if you can!)||Select Speakers|