Veterans in Tech
We’re dedicated to increasing diversity in the tech community and making our coworking space an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and identities.
Check out our 2019 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Report, which reflects on our work the past few years, what we’re doing currently, and how we want to continue improving in the future. Read more about it here. If you have any feedback or comments, we’d love to hear from you!
**IMPORTANT NOTE: This event will be in-person at Capital Factory in Austin!
WHO IS THE EVENT FOR?
Veteran leaders, entrepreneurs, and allies in tech who support and invest in diversity and inclusion. Join our new LinkedIn Group and start connecting with fellow entrepreneurs, tech professionals and more who will be attending the summit! Discuss takeaways, the session topics as well as future opportunities during and after the event!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Attendees can look forward to:
- A Fireside Chat with a serial entrepreneur and investor.
- A Job Fair Happy Hour with Capital Factory portfolio founders, corporate partners, and others. Will include a Capital Factory Golden Ticket giveaway and complementary headshots.
- “Transitioning to Civilian Life: Using Veterans’ Skills in Tech” panel focusing on hiring initiatives, internship and apprenticeship programs, workshops, certifications, and more. Panelists will discuss the above tools for a successful transition, and share why veteran’s skills are a unique asset to the tech community.
- “Health Tech for Vets: Innovative, Effective and Game-changing” panel which focuses on the accessibility virtual spaces offer including, and what tools exist, how group online therapy is helping veterans, and how health tech is innovating these solutions for veterans and their families in unexpected ways.
- “A Different Kind of Battlefield: Veterans and Cybersecurity Innovation” This panel features veteran cybersecurity problem-finders and solvers that address how veterans are uniquely qualified to contribute to the cybersecurity industry, examples of innovation that connect directly to veterans’ experience in the armed forces, and the current state of cybersecurity and the challenges we need to solve.
This event will be in-person at Capital Factory. The Happy Hour and Job Fair will begin at 3:30pm-5:30pm.