Are you an entrepreneur looking to attend the 2-day hands-on workshop only?
There are two leaps of faith in innovation: Can we build it and will anyone care?
Most products fail not because entrepreneurs fail to build what they set out to build, but because they waste needless time, money, and effort building the wrong product. In other words, they build something nobody wants.
The job of a mentor isn’t to give entrepreneurs all the answers but rather to ask the right questions. Rather than providing overly prescriptive tactics that have a limited expiration date, a mentor should instead guide the strategy with time tested principles and a toolbox of business model design patterns.
That’s what we teach you how to do.
Practice Trumps Theory
Our team is made up of practicing entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, educators, and mentors that span the globe.
That means we consult with many of the top universities, accelerators, and organizations around the world. To date, we have put over 300 teams through this program spanning over 20 countries. But that’s not what makes us different.
What sets us apart is that we are first and foremost practicing entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship is like a martial art. You can’t simply read or teach it, you have to live it. We practice what we teach and the more we coach, the more we learn and share, the better results everyone gets.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for educators, mentors, and consultants.
- Educators who want to incorporate Running Lean and the Lean Canvas methodology into their entrepreneurship course
- Mentors at corporate incubators and startup accelerators who want to raise the quality of entrepreneurs that enter and leave their programs
- Consultants who want to drive greater business results for their clients in their new and/or existing products.
The workshop is run over 3 full days of lectures, interactive Q&A, and hands-on practice.
Day 1 outlines the coaching systems and processes we’ve developed which you get to apply with live teams during Day 2 and Day 3.
DAY 1 – Business Model Design Patterns
The first day is themed around business model design patterns.
The day starts with a general overview of the methodology and then outlines the top pitfalls that trip entrepreneurs and innovators and how to avoid them.
By the end of the first day, you’ll learn how to get entrepreneurs to deconstruct any idea into a set of five archetype business models using the 1-page Lean Canvas. You’ll be able to show them how to then effectively define and communicate their business model to internal and external stakeholders.
9:30 – 10:00
The Innovation Challenge
- Understand why building new products is hard
- What is traction and why it matters above everything else
10:00 – 10:30
The One Metric: How to Achieve Right Action, Right Time
- What is traction and how can you universally measure it?
- How to apply these core principles to any kind of product
11:00 – 12:30
Business Model Design Patterns
- Deconstruct any idea into five archetype business model types
- Understand the top 3 universal risks all products face
13:30 – 15:00
Hands-on Practice: The True Job of the Mentor
- Design and model multiple business models
- Learn how to ask the right questions
15:30 – 17:30
Pitching The Business Model
- How to effectively share a business model with team members, advisors, and investors.
- How to pitch a business model for learning.
DAY 2 – Hands-on Business Model Diagnostics
The second day is themed around business model validation patterns. This is where you’ll learn the systems and processes needed to stress test any business model.
By the end of the day, you’ll learn how to break a big vision into a set of testable strategies and experiments that maximize for breakthrough learning.
9:30 – 10:00
The Innovator Pitfall
- How to get innovators to focus on the right actions in their business that stand to drive the biggest business results.
10:00 – 11:00
The Power of a Good Strategy
- What is strategy?
- How to describe and communicate them.
11:30 – 12:30
The Art of the Scientist
- Learn how to craft effective experiments that maximize for speed, learning, and focus.
- Track and communicate your progress using the Lean Stack innovation accounting tool.
13:30 – 15:00
The 10X Innovation Strategy
- Introduction to constraints thinking.
- Learn how to prioritize and break constraints using a 10X innovation strategy.
15:30 – 17:30
Building Features People Want
- Overview of the BOOTSTART curriculum.
- How to apply everything you’ve learned today
DAY 3 – Hands-on Business Model Validation Techniques
Become a Certified LEANSTACK Partner
After attending the live workshop, you have the option of test-driving our partner program for 3 months.
Our partner program is designed to help you grow your business by integrating our tools, content, and training methodology into your offering.
- Includes a trial LEANSTACK Innovation software partner plan subscription
- Access to entire training courses and video library
- Run your own workshops
- Client/team onboarding tools
- 20% affiliate referral fees for new customer signup
- Shadow coach live teams with Ash Maurya
- Webinars and other training content
The partner subscription renewal is $100/mo or $1,000/yr after the initial trial period.