Maximizing Your Vote: Wait, there’s an election in March?!?
Join Equality Texas at Capital Factory for the second installment of our Speaker Series. These quarterly events are meant to educate and empower the LGBTQ community and allies alike to help us achieve our mission: To secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Texans through political action, education, community organizing, and collaboration.
On February 21st at our fireside chat – Maximizing Your Vote: Wait, there’s an election in March?!? – we’ll be talking about the upcoming primary election in Texas, why it’s the most important election this year, and what everyday Texans can do to make their voices heard.
Our panel will be discussing the questions and topics below, and we invite attendees to participate.
– What is a primary election and why do they matter so much in Texas?
– The value of a vote, and how it can change depending on the election you vote in.
– Educational tools and apps to demystify the primary process.
– The personal process of becoming educated and activated.
– Who has been running and winning the primary elections in Texas and how they’ve done it.
Josh Kerr: Entrepreneur in Residence Capital Factory
Jessica Shortall, Managing Director Texas Competes & Texas Competes Action
James Vaughan, Co-Founder & CEO Value Voting
Chris Tackett, Creator of christackettnow.com (Director of HR by day)
Elizabeth Myers, Board Chair Equality Texas Foundation
6:15 – 6:20: Capital Factory Welcome
6:20 – 6:30: Introduction to Equality Texas
6:30 – 7:15: Fireside Chat
7:15 – 7:45: Q&A / Open Forum
7:45 – 8:30: Reception: Sponsored by Hops & Grain