About this Event
Attendees will experience a high-energy, interactive event packed with resources and content explicitly for underrepresented entrepreneurs and investors.
Join UNDEREST. on Monday, November 11th for our Quarterly Business Summit for entrepreneurs who are want to find the best options for funding their business. We’re celebrating Veterans Day by giving FREE admission to the first 25 veteran entrepreneurs to sign up!
• 4:30 – 5:30 PM: Speed Mentoring + Networking
• 5:30 – 6:15 PM: Investor Panel Discussion + Q&A
• 6:15 – 6:45 PM: Startup Pitch Competition
• 6:45 – 7:15 PM: Keynote Speaker
• 7:15 – 7:30 PM: Thanks + Closing Remarks
Join us at Capital Factory + The DEC for an all-women panel on fundraising followed by a speed mentoring session! Every month we invite experienced entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and angel investors for you to meet and ask questions.
If you’re an entrepreneur starting a new company or if you recently moved your company to Texas, this event will offer you valuable insight into the local fundraising scene!
Inobat Karras brings over ten years of experience with multinational firms in venture capital, private equity, private banking, and family office advisement. Inobat currently serves as the Principal of Dallas-based Interlock Partners, an early-stage technology venture capital fund. She is a founding member of the team and helps source, diligence, invest and assist market-leading startups to drive their operational execution and achieve strategic objectives. Inobat holds an MBA from SMU Cox School of Business and is a CFA charter holder.
WHAT TO EXPECT
10:30am – Networking + Intro to Fundraising & Ask Me Anything Panel Starts
12:00pm – Audience Dismiss to Mentor and Lunch Area
12:30pm – First Rotation
12:45pm – Second Rotation
1:00pm – Third Rotation
1:15pm – Fourth Rotation
1:30pm – Event Ends
**Each attendee will only be able to meet with 2 mentors**
YOU’LL GET ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS LIKE…
• How do I meet my first investors?
• Should I do an equity round or convertible note?
• Should I join an accelerator?
• How do I figure out my valuation?
• How long will it take to raise funding?
YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT…
• Why Texas
• Capital Factory
• The DEC
• Capital One
• Dallas Venture Capitalists
• Angel Investors
• Dallas Female Mentors
SPECIAL THANKS TO…
Have questions beforehand? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Fundraising AMA Questions!
1. Actor starts a tech company- so a meet up must commence! The purpose of this group is to bring more connection between these rapidly growing industries and ignite shared resources to influence positive change for the people building them.
2. Women, people who love women, and people who come from women in creative production like film, tv, commercial, live video, and producers, DPs, ADs, actors, influencers, G&E, art, ect. AND in technology like developers, engineers, UX, UI, admin, hr, content marketing, SAAS, ect.
3. Presentation of info, Q&A led group conversation, tools for sharing connection info and making something happen, and on the spot resources.
PyLadiesATX is a social/professional group for lady Python enthusiasts at every experience level. Beginners are always welcome! We represent Pythonistas from a wide variety of disciplines and interest areas – full-time developers and hobbyists alike.
Unless otherwise noted, PyLadiesATX events are exclusively for PyLadies and their invited guests. We are a group for women and other gender minorities. Trans women are welcome and recognized as women.
If you are a woman who enjoys learning about and writing Python, we would love to have you come join us!