The aim of this group is to create a regular meeting for anyone currently working on or interested in music related startups! Austin is one of the best cities on earth for music and for tech startups, so this group will fuse two of the best parts about Austin! Entrepreneurs, developers, investors, service firms, music industry folks and anyone with a passion for tech and music should join! Let’s all work together to make our music startups better or to start the next great music tech company!
The focus of this Meetup group is to allow ODSC to work with Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations to present informative lectures, workshops, code sprints and networking events to help grow the use of open source languages and tools within the data science and data-centric community. As such, our specific goals are:
1. Build a collaborative group to work with other Meetup groups, non-profits, and other organizations.
2. Promote the use of open source languages and tools amongst data scientists and others.
3. Host educational workshops.
4. Spread awareness of new open source languages and tools that can be used in data science.
5. Contribute back to the open-source community.
Who is this meetup for?
• Data engineers, analysts, scientists, and other practitioners
• R, Python and other software engineers who work with data or want to learn
• Data visualization developers and designers
• Non-technical team leads, executives, and other decision-makers from data-centric startups and large companies looking to utilize open-source tools
Meet other local Python programming language enthusiasts! Ask your questions about any aspect of Python development, including “how do I start learning Python?”
You may also join the merged APUG/AWPUG mailing list to participate in more discussions. Visit http://austinpython.org to sign up!
Additionally, you can find us on IRC in the #austinpy channel on Freenode.
The Chamber and Austin-based Capital Factory are collaborating on this unique EdTech Speaker Series. EdTech is enhancing the Chamber’s mission of strengthening educational capacity around the world. Capital Factory provides multi-layer support to start-up companies and understands the link between education, technology, and entrepreneurship. Our combined network taps into EdTech startups and companies, leaders, and innovators from the US, Europe, and other parts of the world to discuss EdTech topics with a focus on how it will impact our future. These sessions are designed as virtual town halls, where participants can actively engage.
EdTech leverages the nexus of best-practice educational techniques with the latest technology. It is transforming the learning process by expanding the reach of instruction, improving retention and comprehension, and broadening responsiveness to a variety of learning styles. From online workspaces and interfaces to digital smartboards in physical classrooms, EdTech is driving an ongoing revolution in how learning happens in addition to giving access to education to millions around the world.
In our day of social media and cell phones, speaking has become a difficult skill to practice. Have no fear Startup Toastmasters is here. We focus on developing profound public speaking skills for entrepreneurs, startups, founders, young professionals, and wantrepreneurs. Join us and be prepared to make a massive change in your public speaking skills.
Toastmasters International is a worldwide nonprofit educational organization that empowers individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. Headquartered in Englewood, Colo., the organization’s membership exceeds 357,000 in more than 16,600 clubs in 143 countries. Since 1924, Toastmasters International has helped people from diverse backgrounds become more confident speakers, communicators, and leaders.
We bring people together to share knowledge and techniques on producing, recording, mixing and mastering techniques, industry trends, and to network with other people: producers, engineers, musicians, singer-songwriters who are also passionate about music.
We take a deep dive into current industry standard DAW’s like Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, Propellerheads Reason & Protools, and collaborate on projects.
In changing times, we’re used to pivoting. Based out of the Capital Factory in downtown Austin, TX, technology and innovation are in our blood. We’ve learned that sound leadership skills are reliable in person and online.
Our club creates a fun, relaxed, professional environment to work on skills that will change your life.
What YOU get when you join us
– Safe space to practice your public speaking skills (digital or in-person!)
– Constructive feedback from membership with your best interests at heart, who want to see you succeed
– A guided process to professional development and networking that makes taking the next step clear and easy
– A global network of outgoing leaders you can plug into whenever, wherever you are
– The freedom to work at your own pace
Join our community peer-lead facilitation practice to try out a new method for the first time, virtual facilitation for the first time or adapting to online. We sign up like karaoke every week to give facilitators the chance to practice in a safe space.
Welcome Defense Innovators! We’re a group to accelerate and smooth technology adoption throughout the Department of Defense. All are welcome, whether you’re a startup founder, investor, industry representative, or member of the government.
Regardless of your role within the defense innovation ecosystem, our monthly meetings are designed to accelerate your startup, advance your mission or increase your team’s value to customers. Our discussions are deeply informative and results-oriented.
– Learn from expert discussions on proposal writing, teaming relationships, and defense needs
– Meet startups and academics from around the country as they discuss technology trends and opportunities
– Join our quarterly design challenges to surface new opportunities and discover potential solutions to sticky problems