LGBTQ Epic Office Hours
Epic Office Hours & Panel: Queer People of Color in Business
Join us for on February 22nd for a panel discussion regarding the unique challenges faced by Queer People of Color in Business and how to overcome them. This discussion will be followed by an Epic Office Hours event geared towards helping you connect with seasoned business mentors.
- Panel: 1:00 – 2:00 PM
- EOH: 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Who will be there?
The event brings together QPOC and Allies who have successfully navigated many terrains of business. This event is to give you visibility and empower you to succeed!
- Frances Jones, Attorney
- Sheldon Darnell, Austin Black Pride
- Becky Arreaga, Mercury Mambo
- Moderator – Edgar Gierbolini
What is Epic Office Hours?
Consider it speed dating with influencers! Some of the most successful entrepreneurs, top figures, and investors will be here for lightning round mentor sessions with YOU!
How does it work?
Register here on Eventbrite to attend the panel discussions. After the panel discussions, mentors will be available to answer your business questions.
How can you make the most of your time with a mentor?
- Don’t spend more than 5 minutes introducing yourself and explaining your business
- Give short, concise answers to the Mentor’s questions
- If you’re doing all the talking, you’re not learning anything
- Come prepared – research who you are meeting with on LinkedIn and write down questions in advance
Brought to you in collaboration with the Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce and the City of Austin’s Economic Development Department.